CS 221 - AOS
By Caixue and Vaibhav
Topic : Experiment with kernel-level task scheduling,
replacing the current Linux task scheduler and improving it.
Project Proposal Time Line:
- Topic : work
Day 1 (12 jan):
1. Scheduling algorithms - Lin
2. Linux Kernel 2.4 - Vaibhav
- Topic: Proposal Draft Date (13)
- The Ideas: List
- Proposed Distribution of work
- Work as done
- Intially meet once a week!
- Project Mails.
- "27/02" Start Documentation
- Understanding the Linux Kernel, Daneil P. Bovet and Marco Cesati.
- Loadable Scheduler Modules on Linux(beta), Scott Rhine.
- Some Discussion on the Low Latency Patch for Linux, Yu-Chung Wang and
- Linux Process Scheduling, Andreas Schlabach.
- The BEST Linux Scheduler., Scott etal.
- Predefined Quantum is too large
- eCos real-time scheduler: priority inversion, hidden scheduling.
Work (Week 2nd Feb)
- Read papers about time slice and real-time performance and BEST scheduler.
- Run MHZ on 2.4 (User Mode Linux--linux.ic.ucsc.edu)
- Test the LMBench suite.
- Parameterizing a Scheduler (Time Slice, IO-performance)
- Speak with Amer abt m/c.
Acknowledgements: Hubertus [email protected], Scott